You might have already guessed that INVY stands for International Voluntary Year. The process of sending and receiving volunteersis coordinated by Slezskádiakonie. If you are tempted to participate, you should make some time for INVY, as it takes from 10 to 12 months. The voluntary service usually starts on 1 September and is dedicated to social work and work in diaconal schools. You should be between 17 and 30 years of age and it does not matter to us whether your home is in a country within EU or not (more information upon request).
INVY is designed in a way that you are provided with space for education and personal growth. Volunteers are in contact with coordinators, supervisors, mentors, colleagues employed at the centres, clients, their families and the whole community. By sharing their experience and knowledge, everyone takes part in an informal learning process. Throughout the year, there are seminars and many other formal and informal meetings that focus on what you learned and how you feel.
Practical information in a nutshell:
- volunteers work 6 hours a day and 5 days a week, which makes 30 hours each week
- there are 2 days offeach week
- every month, you can take 2 extra days off
- you get food allowance and pocket money monthly – the sum depends on a particular hosting country
- you might be accommodated in a private room or have a roommate
- travel costs reimbursement (i.e. ticket to the host country and back home, commuting to work, seminars etc.)will be specified and repaid accordingly
- there is a language course designed for you – you get 90 minutes of language lessons each week
- costs that are related to organizing and running INVY are covered by Erasmus+ and partner organizations